Club Child Welfare Officer
Nessa Casey - 087 8227762
Designated Liaison Person
Ollie Crilly - 086 2825041
Deputy Designated Liaison Officer
Donal Forsyth - 086 0450313
The Children's Officers represent the "voice of the children " in the Club.
The appointment of the Club Children's Officers is an essential element in the creation of a quality atmosphere in any club. They act as a resource to members with regard to children's issues and also ensure that children have a voice in the running of the club and freely talk of their experiences. All clubs are required to have a Children's Officer in place and appropriate training is made available to them through the FAI in conjunction with the Local Sports Partnerships and The Irish Sports Council. All Affiliated Clubs and Leagues are required to appoint Children's Officers.
The Children's Officer should have the following functions:
1. To promote the FAI's Code of Ethics & Good Practice
2. To influence policy and practice and to prioritise children's needs
3. To ensure that children know how and whom they can report their concerns to within the club. Information disclosed by a child should be dealt with in accordance with the Department of Health and Children's Guidelines "Children First"
4. To encourage the participation of parents/guardians in club activities
5. To co-operate with parents to ensure that each child enjoys his/her participation in soccer
6. To act as a resource with regard to best practice in children's soccer
7. To report regularly to the Club Management Committee
8. To monitor changes in membership and follow up any unusual dropout, absenteeism or club transfers by children or coach/volunteers
Children's Officers do not have the responsibility of investigating or validating child protection concerns within the club and have no counselling or therapeutic role. This responsibilty lies with the Health Boards and Gardai.
Please see FAI Child Welfare Safeguarding Policy
Click the links below to see the following documents;
1.Club Safe Guarding Statement
2. FAI Concern Complaint Procedure
3. Leaders Handbook 2023